Wednesday, August 19, 2015

Seniors Visiting Neighborhood Parks

When I was visiting neighborhood parks with my Grandchildren I noticed what they liked most about our project of "Getting to Know Our City Better" was the history of each park that I prepared for them.

Then one day some of my friends and I were talking about some new things to do. I mentioned my passion for visiting all the Vancouver City Parks and learn some of the history about each one. One person said, "Brilliant idea! We should do it if you would do the research." I answered, "I would love to!".
Potter in the Parks was launched.
First trip planned and we had a full bus!



Our first destination was Deering Park

Named after George Deering, an early resident and Fish Cannary boss in 1900. Located on a small island in the Fraser River, Deering Island Park is a semi-natural area perfect for enjoying the peaceful views of the river and tidal marshes.

Maple Grove Park and the amazing stumps

Click on the images to enlarge.


Everyone was happy that this was our coffee break park because everyone wanted to have their picture taken with these iconic stumps.



It was wonderful to see everyone excited about their neighbourhood parks.

No comments:

Post a Comment